Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Burbank Inbound Marketing Club Takes On Blogging

Each week I have a class called the Burbank Inbound Marketing Club, mostly for business owners struggling with understanding and implementing social media for business. It's hard to have a social media plan if the pieces of the plan are confusing. So my main bent is to demystify the situation while actually getting something implemented for each person.


Admittedly, getting something done for each person can be a challenge, as each person tends to be at a different level.  Still, we have fun and try to keep it as practical as possible. Today we continued discussions from previous weeks where we got a number of people started on blogs from posterous.com.  While Posterous blogs are insanely easy to use, there is still quite a lot of functionality, and quite a bit to grasp if you're completely new to online social media.

I like to give lots of examples, and today was no exception. I forget what the exact question was, but I gave a quick demonstration of how content can go viral on Facebook, because it is so easy to share information though personal profiles and fan pages.


In this class, we worked on setting up everyone's Posterous blog with the built-in auto-post feature. Posterous is set up to post out to other social media sites using email (actually, there's two ways to post content, but being able to use email is pretty sexy!).  I was hoping to show everyone how to install Google Analytics, but we ran out of time. So we'll cover that next week, briefly.

Somehow the topic of Twitter came up, and it was unanimously decided that Twitter would be the main topic of the next class. I had been planning to cover Facebook Fan Pages, but apparently I've been overruled.  It was also decided that the class would be on Tuesday. So, it's out of my hands, I'm afraid. That would be Oct 12th, by the way. If you'd like to RSVP to attend, visit the Really Simple Social Media Page event listing, and click on "I'm Attending."

If you are only able to attend the Thursday night classes, I apologize in advance!

I am going to attempt putting together an instruction sheet on how to add Google Analytics to a Posterous account, which will require setting up a Google Analytics if you don't alreadh have one. If you'd like to be included on the Burbank Inbound Marketing Club mailing list to get the instructions, please email me at trevor@theassociation.tv and put "Google Analytics for Posterous" in the subject line. Cheers!

 

Posted via email from Really Simple Social Media

No comments:

Post a Comment