Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lead Generation Education

Really Simple Social Media strikes again!

The Association has been hosting an informal meeting weekdays for small business owners (anyone, really) who want to learn how to use Social Media, called the Burbank Inbound Marketing Club. Switching over to a new method of promoting (especially one involving computers or the Internet) can be a daunting task for people who have never done it before. I don't normally do weekend Club Meetings, but to help people who aren't available during the week, we are doing a special Saturday presentation, just this once.

So when I met Mary-Elizabeth Michael, I realized she just might be the perfect solution for that "in-between" phase everyone in the Club has to go through. I'm talking about the time between the "I don't know what I'm doing" phase and the "I'm getting new leads from social media now" phase.

Since that phase can be 3-12 months long (!), it's a long time to slowly drag yourself through a series of classes on social media to finally figure it out, without getting any leads to show for your efforts.

Anyway, back to Mary-Elizabeth. She showed me a way to get a company featured on the 1st page of a Google Maps search request. I.e., when someone does a LOCAL search, YOUR COMPANY shows up next to that little Google Map in the organic section of results.

PLUS, there is a way to generate getting leads AND it's inexpensive.

As well, I'll be covering a few basic concepts on social media and Google Maps first, to help make sure everyone's on the same page (no pun intended!).

There's no charge for this club meeting. Invite other business owners you know that need to attract local business. Get them to RSVP on this event or email me at trevor@theassociation.tv with "RSVP Mary" in the subject line. See you on Thursday!

Posted via email from The Association

No comments:

Post a Comment